Fashion Merchandising Job Vacancies in Lee London | Call us today
Fashion Merchandising Job Vacancies in Lee London
Fashion Merchandising – Job role
Fashion merchandising jobs require a blend of fashion sense and business expertise. Staying ahead of the fashion curve is a feat involving both art and science. Strategy and marketing know-how are an integral part of fashion merchandising.
Best Fashion Merchandising Job Vacancies in Lee London
In a fashion merchandising job, your task is to make fashion relatable to your customers. To do this, you may perform the following tasks:
- Going to fashion shows
- Researching and predicting fashion trends
- Directing and negotiating with suppliers, manufacturers and retailers
- Working with design, planning and sales teams
- Buying fashion
- Managing retail outlets
- Creating store displays
- Directing fashion photo shoots
- Determining a store’s type of clientele
- Pricing garments based on quality and affordability
- Finding the best prices to stay within budgets
- Developing advertising and marketing strategies
Find your Fashion Merchandising Job Vacancies in Lee London
Necessary Skills for a Fashion Merchandising Job
A qualification in a relevant subject such as business, marketing, mathematics, statistics, accountancy, economics, operational research, IT, computer studies or management can be advantageous. Relevant retail or office work experience is often necessary. This can be gained via vacation placements, sales assistant jobs or general graduate store management training programmes
- Forecasting Ability: While more scientific than fortune telling, fashion merchandising jobs do have a forecasting element. In order to improve your accuracy, you’ll need a thorough knowledge of past fashion trends and an awareness of current industry developments.
- Analytical Ability: A good sense of style obviously helps you; however, you must also determine how things fit into a budget and whether they meet the functional needs of consumers. Other criteria may also influence your fashion merchandising decisions, so you will need to be able to analyze a complex set of issues and stand behind your choices.
- Communication Skills: From negotiating with manufacturers to getting your marketing message out to customers, there is ample opportunity to exercise your powers of communication in the fashion merchandising field.
- Able to cope with pressure
- Good teamworking skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Numerical skills
- IT skills
- Decision making skills
- Organisational skills
Fashion Merchandising Jobs – Salary scales
Assistant Fashion Merchandising Jobs – Assistant Fashion Merchandiser range from £15,000 to £18,000 a year, rising to £20,000 with experience.
Experienced Fashion Merchandising Jobs – After several years’ experience, a merchandiser can expect to earn between £28,000 and £36,000, plus a benefits package
A Director | Fashion Merchandising Jobs – A head or director of Merchandising in a large company can earn in excess of £85,000, plus benefits.
Please view all our Fashion Merchandising Job Vacancies here >>
Links for more info on – Fashion Merchandising Job Vacancies in Lee London
Contact us now for more information to find your Fashion Merchandising Job today.