Product Developer Jobs in Notting Hill | Call us today.
Product Developer Jobs in Notting Hill
Working with the Design and Production departments of a fashion/retail company, a Product Developer will usually report into the Product Development Manager. A design background, preferably within a fashion and retail environment is required for the job of Product Developer.
A career in product development within the fashion industry requires you to become involved with developing fashionable goods for manufacturers and retailers. It involves planning, developing and presenting fashion-focused products for a specific market of the fashion or retail company you are working for.
Working closely with the design and technical team, the Product Developer is involved in developing seasonal collections from design concept through to prototypes. Often this will involve trips overseas to source new fashion trends, ideas and concepts whether it is for womenswear, menswear, childrenswear, fashion accessories, footwear, or lingerie.
Are you looking for Product Developer Jobs in Notting Hill
The job role of the Product Developer within a fashion and retail environment includes producing detailed tech packs and following complete development of product from initial drawings to final sample, liaising with factories and also travel to offshore factories to follow progress and check production, sourcing trims and fabrics, ordering raw materials and communicating with vendors.
To become a Product Developer, you will need a good understanding of the design process involved within the fashion environment, understand apparel and image aesthetics, fashion consumer spending, target markets, and the role of textiles and clothing within the global economy.
Product Developers for the fashion industry must know material specifications and analyse cost.
The job of a Product Developer entails developing the product at a quality, and level, which pleases both producer and consumer of the fashion/retail company you are working for.
Best Product Developer Jobs in Notting Hill
Product Developer – The Candidate:
- Hold a relevant degree
- Some work experience in this area
- Some knowledge and experience of fitting garments/products.
- Knowledge of garment construction.
- Experience of working closely with factories to ensure quality and social compliance is to the high standard required.
- Proven track record within product development and/or garment technology environment.
- Experience of delivering good quality merchandise from offshore supplier base.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Illustrator.
- Some knowledge of pattern cutting, construction and manufacturing techniques.
- Be organised, accurate and have a good eye for detail.
- Up to date knowledge of kids safety regulations.
- Undertake trips to Asia to visit factories when required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and work outside of job boundaries as necessary.
- Undertake tasks with a consideration of possible costs incurred by the business.
- Requires minimal supervision, taking responsibility for own workload.
Product Developer Jobs | Salary Levels:
- Junior up to £28k (approx)
- Product Developer £30+ (approx)
- Manager £40k plus (approx)