I work as an independent consultant, mentor & non-executive director within the fashion & clothing industry. I am called upon by both established companies requiring specialised assistance & by start-ups navigating the trade for the first time. I also speak at events & seminars designed to broaden understanding of clothing manufacturing.
With over 45 years of diverse industry experience at every level, from the factory floor to the boardroom, I can bring solutions to the many challenges my clients face. I have a rare comprehension of the complete clothing production cycle from the initial design sketch through to delivery of the finished product to the customer.
I am a problem solver, easily approachable, with a hands-on attitude.
In addition to resolving the particular problems encountered, I enjoy teaching my clients how to fix things for themselves, thus passing on the wisdom & experience I have gained over the years.
I combine my understanding of operating clothing companies with my enjoyment of teaching & can add value to any business by my
- hands-on guidance & leadership
- skill in cutting costs & driving efficiencies
- expertise in manufacturing, production & the supply chain
- experience in sourcing, supplier relations & costing
- in-depth knowledge of warehousing, pick & pack, imports & logistics
- mentoring, counselling & trouble-shooting
- guiding 3 founders with no prior experience of clothing, through from concept to successful launch within the last 18 months, all very different projects.
- my success in turning around a loss-making organisation into a profitable, well managed business within 12 months of appointment
- achieving a reduction in garment costs of 20% by working closely with suppliers on design & development
- MD for Puffa Ltd (the iconic outerwear brand)
- Owner/Manager of a CMT factory in London making luxury garments
- Group Production Director for Tricoville PLC