In these days of uncertainty, more and more people are looking for a ‘side hustle’ / a second income for a number of various reasons, such as these:
- Insuring yourself against a potential redundancy.
- You work on a project basis and have months with no salary coming in.
- Your outgoings are more than your current salary.
- You love your current job, but want to reduce your hours to spend more time with your family.
- You haven’t been able to afford a holiday for the last few years.
The last reason was me 6 years ago. I ran my own business which covered my bills, but I couldn’t afford to do anything extra, such as holidays with my children. I was 44 years old and recently divorced with two children who still needed me to be around for them at home and after school. I needed flexibility too and to be able to choose my own hours.
When I found this opportunity I had no idea whether I could make it work. What it really meant or knowledge of the additional benefits it has given me over the last 6 years, including a whole ‘family’ of new wonderful friends, a car and holidays. All I heard was that if I worked a few extra hours a week I would earn an additional income, it was flexible and it was willable – if anything happened to me, the residual income would continue to be paid to my children.
This business has changed my life for so many reasons and I am SO thankful I was offered it, grabbed it with both hands and gave it a go.
Money is obviously not the be all and end all in life, but it does give us choices. What will you choose?